Jobs and Internships
Shape the Future of Community Media
Join the High Five Access Media Board of Directors
High Five Access Media believes in putting the power of the media in the hands of the people.
Do you want to foster a creative environment with the free exchange of ideas, opinion, passion and viewpoints? Want to leverage the capacity of other local nonprofits to advocate for their cause? Or perhaps spark a passion for for media and community engagement among young people?
Then join the High Five Access Media Board of Directors. We're looking for Eagle County residents or employees with a passion for community media who want to give back.
Production Assistant - Apply Now!
Job Title: Production Assistant
Salary: Part-Time (20 hr/week), $18 - $20 an hour depending on experience
Benefits include: Mileage from studio to production sites, cell phone bill reimbursement
General Statement of Duties: The Production Assistant plays a crucial role in supporting High Five’s mission to provide video coverage of several government meetings and in-house productions, as well as assisting in scheduling of our television programming, and creation of social media content. Applicants must have high levels of integrity, reliability, and attention to detail. In addition, they need to be flexible and willing to work nights, and holidays. The Production Assistant Works under the general guidance and direction of the Government Access Coordinator and the Executive Director.
Work Environment: Work will be performed in both the office, and in the field when covering government meetings and events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Live multi-camera switcher production and single-camera coverage of government proceedings
- Editing of government proceedings and encoding of video for cablecast and video on demand
- Scheduling of video programming for cablecast and webcast
- Assist Government Access Coordinator with productions of events, promotional videos, and other projects
- Create Social Media content for High Five’s social platforms
- Assist Media Education Coordinator with educational opportunities, productions, promotional videos, and data input
- Archive of High Five Access Media content
- Assist as crew for multi-camera event productions
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
Any combination of education and experience that provides the skill, knowledge, and ability to perform this work qualifies. For example:
- Bachelor’s degree in television, media, film or related field, or
- One year of full-time experience in video production, or
- Associates degree and one year of experience in related field
- Demonstrated field and studio production and postproduction knowledge and skills
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects, knowledgeable in Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient in the operation of Mac and PC operating systems
- Knowledgeable in Google Suite, such as Drive, Sheets, Gmail, etc.
- Strong interest in community media
- Exceptional organizational skills with demonstrated ability to work independently, collectively, and collaboratively
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills, capacity to troubleshoot and make recommendations
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required, booster encouraged
- Valid driver’s license and insurance; must provide own transportation
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds
Please go to highfivemedia.org/apply-now to apply. Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled. Please, no phone calls.