Jobs and Internships
Job Title: Community Access & Education Coordinator
Salary:, Full-time, Exempt, $40,000 – $48,000 DOE
Benefits include: Health stipend, ski pass, generous paid vacation and select holidays off, and other benefits. Mileage from studio to production sites reimbursed.
General Statement of Duties: The Community Access & Education Coordinator plays a key role in supporting High Five’s mission to empower the local community by creating and overseeing education programs and equipment access in an evolving media landscape. The ideal candidate recruits and ushers community members through the media-making process, creating education programs and curriculum, teaching classes, and mentoring novice community producers through the creation and production of media that can be shared locally and globally. The Coordinator will play a substantial role in marketing HFAM educational opportunities and creating avenues for community engagement.
Supervision Required: Works under the general guidance and direction of the Executive Director.
Supervision Exercised: Oversight of Community Producers, Volunteers and Student Interns.
Work Environment: Position requires scheduling flexibility, as well as evening, weekend and some holiday work hours. Work will be performed in both the office and the field.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and teach existing class curriculum of orientation, basic video production, virtual workshops, and summer youth camps
- Shepherd volunteer community producers through the access and education process:
- Register and maintain class and workshop participants
- Facilitate memberships and track certifications
- Provide technical training in the proper operation of High Five equipment through classes and workshops
- Maintain training materials
- Help participants identify and conceptualize projects
- Coordinate check out of equipment and facilities by community producers
- Staff open lab hours
- Assist community producers during lab time, in studio, on field productions, and in the classroom
- Bring completed productions to cable and internet audiences
- Help community producers promote their productions
- Maintain equipment available to community producers and recommend new equipment based on needs and trends
- Create and coordinate opportunities for volunteer community producers to gain video production skills through studio and field productions
- Work with the executive director to identify new educational programs and methods of delivery, events and activities and then develops them
- Work collaboratively with staff in production of tutorial videos related to education programs
- Prepare statistics related to community producer participation and media education
- Work with organizations and schools, particularly local high schools, to design and implement programs for area youth, including after-school opportunities
- Performs other duties as assigned, such as assisting on High Five productions when needed
Marketing & Community Engagement
- Advocate for and support the mission and objectives of High Five Access Media
- Work with executive director to market programs and provide community outreach to the public and local organizations
- Assist in building collaborative partnerships with the educational community
- Work collaboratively with staff in production of promotional videos for educational offerings
- Market educational opportunities and community producer content through social media channels including Facebook and Instagram
- Drive audience engagement with HighFiveMedia.org recorded content and Live on Five with the help of Community Producers, educational partners and student interns
- Share educational programs and nurture relationships through Vail Valley Partnership’s Non-Profit Network
- Collaborate with HFAM Marketing Committee to explore new opportunities for HFAM awareness in the community
- Build alliances with LatinX organizations to help increase diversity among class participants and pool of community producers
Required Education and Experience:
Any combination of education and experience that provides the skill, knowledge, and ability to perform this work qualifies. For example:
- Bachelor’s degree in television, media, film or related field
- One year of full-time experience in video production
- One year of teaching and curriculum or program development experience
- Associates degree and one year of experience in related field
- Demonstrated field and studio production and postproduction knowledge and skills
- Video and digital storytelling
- Demonstrated ability to teach complex technical and story-telling techniques to a diverse group of individuals and organizations
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects, knowledgeable in Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient in operation of Mac and PC operating systems
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledgeable in Google Suite, such as Drive, Sheets, Gmail, etc.
- Strong interest in community media
- Exceptional organizational skills with demonstrated ability to work independently, collectively, and collaboratively with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Committed to self-development and implementing new technology and industry best practices
- Excellent problem-solving skills, capacity to troubleshoot, and make recommendations
- Nonprofit volunteer organizing, outreach, or community organizing experience
- Experience with public, education and government access organizations
- Fluent in Spanish
- Valid driver’s license and insurance; must provide own transportation
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds
Click here to apply. Please send resume, links to work samples and cover letter.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled. Please, no phone calls.