Jobs and Internships
High Five Access Media in Avon, CO is seeking a dynamic Production Coordinator to carry out daily production of community access television content – including the videoing and editing of government meetings, client videos and in-house productions, as well as distribution of this content on cable and the internet. The Production Coordinator reports to the Executive Director.
High Five Access Media is a nonprofit, noncommercial, grassroots community organization. Our mission is to empower the local community, through media education and technology, to become civically engaged, express ideas, and advocate for causes. We achieve our mission by providing the community coverage of Local Government meetings, free access to Media Education, Facilities and Gear, television and internet distribution, low-cost production services, and unique productions.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Schedule and coordinate production of government meetings, studio shoots, and other events with a small team of part-time and volunteer video crew
- Collaborates with staff, clients and community producers to develop and bring new video productions to life
- Director and engineer of live productions
- Transcodes all content for television and web distribution, as well as archival
- Oversees cable and webcast of live and replay content, as well as electronic scheduling of said content
- Maintains production equipment, assists in maintenance of cablecast equipment, and recommends new equipment based on needs and trends
- Committed to self-development and implementing new technology and industry best practices
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements, skills and abilities
- Ability to edit with Final Cut Pro X and other video editing software
- Ability to create basic motion graphics using After Effects and Motion
- Ability to operate a variety of video and DSLR cameras and audio equipment
- Ability to use three-point lighting and other lighting schemes
- Ability to operate Broadcast Pix and other video switchers a plus
- High-level of computer literacy and understanding of social media
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Understanding and commitment to community access television and nonprofit organizations
- Must be able to work nights and weekends
- Must be naturally curious
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
Bachelor’s degree in related field or minimum two years of experience
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits package included.
Email cover letter and resume with three references and contact information, and link to demo reel to email@example.com. In cover letter, please address the following:
Why are you interested in the position?
What do you see as the key challenges facing traditional media and what are potential solutions?